Saturday 22 October 2011

Haworth Weekend

This was my very first weekend away with the group and I have never been hostelling before.

I was looking forward to it with a mixture of excitement and fear.
However I need not have worried because everyone was very helpful and welcoming.
Thanks in particular to Pete N and Sue W for organising the weekend and providing the lifts.

I was very surprised that the hostel was so comfortable and warm. The bunk beds were very cosy.
I took advantage of the catering provided by the hostel. The breakfasts and evening meals were good value.

On Saturday a party of about 10 of us did a circular walk to the railway museum and back.
The walk turned to be 7 and a half miles and with all the hills and tramping through the heather and bracken I did find this to be somewhat strenuous.

Therefore on the Sunday I was happy to spend a more relaxing day  visiting Cliffe Castle.
This was after we had spent some time in the morning searching for a bus museum.
After Jules had got his wife in London to look it up on the internet, we eventually did find it only to discover that it  was shut anyway !!

Thanks again to everyone for making me so welcome, I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend.

Regards,

Philomena.


Set one of Photos 

Set Two of Photos