Friday 3 September 2010

03rd: Fingerpost pub night

03rd: Fingerpost pub night

This was the first pub night at ‘The Fingerpost’ on Hempshaw Lane in Offerton and I was rather nervous as to the numbers that might turn out. As it was, I  need not have worried, as a total of 19 of us came along. People came from far and wide, including from Hyde (Philomena and Ian), Poynton (Sue & Pete) and even Essex (Lisa, Philomena’s daughter). Others of us came from closer to; I walked to the pub, as usual, and this took me all of two minutes.

We were able to use a separate room off the bar and we filled this up over the course
of the evening. Some of us partook of the excellent food cooked by Rob the landlord; the steaks (10”, £ 5.95) were particularly well received. The last of us wended our way home sometime about mid-night.

I think that it’s fair to say that a good evening was had by all; and thanks to everyone who came along to make the evening such a success.

John H